One more word of commonsense caution. If you purchase a power strip without a built-in circuit breaker or surge protector, be very careful not to overload the power strip with too many high wattage devices (multiple hair dryers and curling irons come to mind). The wires in the strip can only handle so much resistance and will get very hot, trip a circuit breaker in the building, or potentially cause a fire if overloaded. If you do not plug multiple high wattage devices into a single circuit at home, do not do it with your plug strip either!! It is definitely best to purchase a plug strip that has a circuit breaker, surge protector, and an on/off switch. They are available in a wide variety of stores. We also caution against plugging an extension cord into a power strip or using an extension cord between the plug strip and the wall. They are not designed to carry that extended load.