Three changes to get big results
These relatively straight forward yet innovative changes can make a huge difference to cloud costs. And they do not require large, complex, and expensive projects to achieve results. By investing the time and resources to put a cloud savings plan in place you could expect to achieve up to a 70% cost reduction.
Leading Resolutions has the experience and tools to assist your team with development and implementation of a comprehensive Cloud Development, Maintenance and/or Migration plan. Call to set up a review of your Cloud status today or join us at our next cloud event.
The series of articles will cover further areas of focus such as:
- Optimise environments to run as required not always on
- Process automation to reduce support overheads
- Using custom built cloud infrastructure to lower costs – e.g. Graviton
- Platform engineering – automate, simplify tooling, optimise environments
- Industry platforms you can consume not design, build operate – but configurable to your business and accelerate capability – AWS for advertising and marketing, AWS cloud contact centre or MS digital contact centre
- Data storage, cloud as default storage that follows the mantra pay as consume not pay as install
- Data mining in the cloud – data science and data as a commodity to sell
And maybe controversially migration from cloud back to on-premises data centres……
I hope you enjoyed reading my first article and I look forward to hearing your feedback, thoughts, and suggested improvements.
Mike Wilton is an Expert Associate/Principal Consultant at Leading Resolutions and has more than 25 years’ experience in delivering large-scale business change and supporting the digital transformation of organisations. A highly experienced IT practitioner who has operated up to MD level, he has notable expertise in financial services and in transport and retail sectors. Mike has worked with clients including WH Smith, easyJet, Addison Lee, Travis Perkins plc and Mizuho.