With a portfolio of clients ranging from SME to Enterprise & Public Sector organisations, we are looking to grow our team.
An exciting opportunity for a qualified finance professional to join a rapidly growing IT Management Consultancy as Commercial Director.
Working with the MD and the Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for the end-to-end commercials and profitability of all our client engagements. You will also own the day-to-day PMO and full-time teams.
This role will involve significant interaction and the need to work with the MD, CFO, Sales, Marketing and Client Delivery functions. As you will have responsibility for conducting variance analysis, budgets and forecasting, this position may suit Management Accountants who are looking to grow your career.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who shares our values and approach and can offer their subject matter expertise, with a tremendous passion for building upon profitability.
To be successful in this role you will need to be strategic, commercial and have previous experience in improving visibility, accountability and efficiency to support commercial decision making by the leadership team.
You may already be working in a similar environment within a Management Consultancy, or perhaps within an adjacent professional services business, identifying new commercial opportunities and managing all commercial direction of the business. There’s a real emphasis on bids and sales support, creating compelling commercial propositions for our clients that create a true partnership approach.
As Commercial Director you will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to senior management. You will also be a creative both strategically and tactically, with excellent organisational abilities and influencing skills.
Working as part of our Senior Leadership Team to:
- Create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities which underpin our strategic plan
- Working with Client Executives, preparing information that manages all commercial aspects of client and consultant engagement
- Take ownership of controlling all costs and margins by working collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key internal stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities including lost opportunities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Review all sales proposals, contracts and any other commercial agreements with clients
- Working to provide information to Senior Management to ensure timely and robust provision of external analysis as required
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to support them on all aspects of analysis including development of reporting, pricing and profitability analysis
- Work with our Operational Delivery team including our PMO in order to review and monitor contractual agreements relating to project deliverables in order to report and build upon client profitability
- Proven experience working as Commercial Director or commercial accountant
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with strategic mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple activities
- Externally focussed
- 3-4 years PQE within relevant qualification, ideally CIMA
- Analysis re opportunities and missed opportunities